Recently I’ve done quite a lot of presentations to companies and business groups about starting to use social media for business. I have been surprised how many companies have avoided social media for so long. This is mainly for one or more of these reasons:
- They’ve felt it’s all to complicated and techie for them to understand.
- They’ve never struggled for business and so felt they didn’t need to use social media.
- They don’t have the time to do it.
- None of their clients use social media and Twitter in particular.
I find that these companies are now showing an interest because:
- Their competition is using social media and so they feel they need to have a voice as well.
- Through colleagues and peers, they’ve been told how easy it is.
- The economy has hit them and whereas before they didn’t need to promote their activity, they now need to…
View original post 582 more words